Lakeway is amongst the most famous resort destinations in Texas, as it is only miles away from Sweetwater.
Also, it’s a prestigious, unique, growth-managed town with a complete-service city govt. The City Lakeway provides police, building, court, development, drainage and streets, several parks and recreation, alongside dependable waste administration services. Lake Travis offers an emergency medical response & fire suppression, and municipal usage districts offer wastewater & water services. The City of Lakeway happens to establish the council-manager forms of government. Those six councilmembers & the mayor are elected at-large, including serving as the sole legislative heart of the entire City. The town manager reports straight to the council and administers the daily affair of the town, implementing policies established via the board and making sure that the city functions in a fiscally effective manner. The City’s significant sources of revenue are sales tax, franchise fees, & property tax.
The City of the Lakeway began as a retirement and a second-home community. Families are currently attracted to a “lake lifestyle,” the award-winning park and recreation program, the City’s facilities, and the Lake Travis ISD’s famous schools. An active empty-nester and young professional is attracted to the City’s organic beauty, proximity to Austin, endless recreational movements and activities including golf, hiking, tennis, biking, camping, fishing, picnicking, boating, scuba diving, and swimming. Lakeway residents are active in the community and take more incredible pride in the City and its remarkable history.
Well, keeping all these things in mind, here’s the list of Top 10 things one may do in the Lakeway, whether you are interested in a mini-vacation or the relaxing day trip that is close to the home.
- City Park of the Lakeway– Located alongside scenic Lake Travis, this city park provides fishing, swimming, and a non-motorized boating experience on the water. The land lovers may enjoy washers, hiking, volleyball, horseshoes, basketball, and several other sports. There is also a peaceful butterfly garden, dog park, besides playscapes for the older kids and toddlers.
- Lakeway Spa & Resort– Enjoy the nearby spa and resort experience that feels one million miles away from Lakeway Spa & Resort’s stress. Perched above the glistening water of Lake Travis, the Texas Hill resort offers various recreational & sports facilities for the complete family. It provides a thorough-service spa, three large swimming pools, a swim-up bar, a whirlpool, & the popular and famous waterslide with kids. The experience of Lakeway also includes a restaurant, cocktail with a panoramic lake view, a state-of-an-art fitness center alongside the marina.
- Austin Cave(Salt)– This Hill Country is well-known & famous for its organic cavern, and the Lakeway also has got the Salt Cave, where one can relax amid eleven tons of the pink Himalayan sea salt, which recreates the climate of the real salt cave. Admired in Europe ever since the 60s, it’s the treatment said to possess the skin & body’s healing property.
- Hamilton greenbelt– The Lakeway’s Greenbelts Hamilton is the first-class interface of a developed and primeval trail that meanders along with the scenic Hurst and the Yaupon creek. They’re beautiful and stunning destinations for family walks, outings walk, and bike rides, & jogs. Lovingly maintained via volunteer, the private Chapel of the 4 Seasons is the famous place for a wedding and several other events for a group of 25 individuals or less.
- Outdoor movies– Along with the scenic surrounding and the great weather of Hill Country, Lakeway has a couple of ways to enjoy the movies alfresco. One can watch the film in a Park on numerous Friday nights across the summer at Lakeway City Park. The Lakeway Swim Center possesses Dive-In Movies on multiple Friday nights in the summer.
- Zipline thrill-Not technically in the Lakeway; however, pretty close, the Lake Zipline Adventures provides five zipline experiences for individuals of all ages, including one of the longest and the fastest ziplines in Texas. You may also picnic, play games, swim, or relax in the hammock on the private beach.
- Eat the local stuff early– The Cafe Lago Coffee house is one of the go-to places for lunch, breakfast, and weekend brunch for the Lakeway locals. The daily specials incorporate a variety of soup, quiche, and unique deli salads. Begin your day early with the latte, mocha, cappuccino, or drip the coffee alongside the breakfast taco & freshly baked pastry.
- Eat local stuff, later– The Lakeway has got no shortage of the delicious restaurant, whether one wants the luxurious experience of dining or the classic roadhouse Texas. For this same category, one must shout out to the Santa Catarina, No. #1 rated restaurant amongst the 41 eateries this lists in the Lakeway. The Certificate of the Excellence winner from 2015 – 2018, Caterina, serves Latin & Mexican food, with an accent on seafood and many vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free options available.
- Popular Dam good time– The Mansfield Park provides a beautiful view of Lake Travis where the visitors may picnic, swim in the secluded fish, cove, and set sail off the most extensive public boat incline, Lake Travis. The ample scuba diving parks have four underwater dive platform at the various lake level. The underwater trails and the compass course connect dive attractions like sunken boats, famous dam construction material, and the geological point of interest. There is a climbing boulder, chess tables, campsites, multi-use trails, the barbecue grill, and a lot more on land.
- Holiday fun– The Lakeway is an appealing city across the year. However, the holidays are the particular time to travel, when Trail of the Light delights the visitors of all ages with thousands of amusing tableaus, twinkling lights, and a piece of delightful seasonal music. And above all, it is free!
Hopefully, this guide will assist you all to plan about your travel and the exciting places to visit about the city “LAKEWAY.”